Dienstag, 7. Mai 2019

I do have a proper visa!

Question: How do you get to know the difference between O and 0? Answer: File for a visa to the USA and try to put in your passport number and then try to file it in the boarding pass for your flight!
Early this morning Susan and I went to Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam knowing that she has a boarding pass and I didn't. The person on the helpline yesterday told us "Oh no, nothing to worry about!" but that exactly starts to make you worry about it! Well, the person at check-in at Schiphol said I misspelled the Zero for a letter O in my application form for my visa and I need to apply for a new visa right now, using my mobile phone and pay with my credit card.
So we tried - energy level rising a bit - but it didn't work - energy level rising more - didn't make it easier to push the right things on my small device - energy level up full speed - then I remembered going through this difficult application form for ESTA in November last year and I went back to the check-in desk asking, no begging the person to please check again because I DO HAVE A PROPER VISA.
And he gracefully checked again - and there you go, my passport number was misspelled on the boarding pass only and he could correct it in a second and done! Energy level bursting and calming down. But only after I saw him putting baggage labels for San Franzisco on both of our backpacks.
And right know we enjoy each others company while waiting in sunny Copenhagen for our connecting flight!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen